Interview 1: Andrea Vrionis
Andrea is a student at the University of Florida who enjoys reading but doesn't like having to spend money on books that she will only read once. She often finds it difficult to find a book that fits her preferences. After talking with Andrea for some time I started to wonder what a reader like herself does to find books. She said that the first place she goes to look for a new book is online but there are often too many options to choose from. I told her about the business and how we offer a suggested list of books based upon pre selected preferences when you sign up with us. Andrea was happy to hear that she would be able to select books from a list of things that she might enjoy. When doing research to find books I asked andrea what she might search on google and she said, "adventure books, murder mysteries, or spy novels". All of these answers would be able to help us determine the best math for her when it comes to the list of books we suggest. One thing Andrea mentioned is that she always makes sure that the sources are reliable and trustworthy before purchasing anything.
Interview 2: Emily Grayson
Emily is a middle school student in the local gainesville area that loves reading just as much as playing outside with friends. She mentioned that she gets a lot of her books from the library at school but lately there haven't been any ones that have intrigued her. I asked Emily if the only way she gets new books is from the library and she said yes. This goes to show that if you still have access to a library that people are still taking advantage of the them and using them to find new books. I began to wonder if there was anything that Emily didn't enjoy about the library at her school. She said that since it is a school library they limit what can be put on the shelves to read. Emily said she did not like that because a lot of the books she would want to read are not offered at her school. When asking emily how she might find a new book that she would want to read she informed me that she would take to the internet to find new ideas. She would often go to barnes a noble website and find the category that she wants to read about to see the top results. This is how she would find books that fit her preferences. I wondered if she would only read the synopsis of the book to make a decision but she said that she always reads the reviews for the book before purchasing. this helps her to make the best choice and feel like she is choosing a reliable book.
Interview 3: James Garcia
James is a junior in college here at the university who is studying history in order to
become a professor one day and teach students about the past that has shaped our country. Since James is a history major that comes with a lot of reading but a majority of that is historical books and articles. He has always been fascinated by the history of our country and how our past will help to shape our future. I asked James if he frequents the library on campus much for books to leisurely read and he said, "not often, when I read for fun I like to read historical books with a twist". I began to wonder what James might look up online for books when he is trying to find something to read in his free time. He said that he looks for books that are, "historically relevant with a plot twist". What James told us would be helpful for our website to construct the list of books that would be best suited for James' preferences. I asked him to estimate about how many books he reads in a month and he said, "anywhere from 4-5". This gave me an idea to increase the number of books that people can select for a small upscharge. Before James will buy a book he likes to do research on it to make sure that it is worth his time to read it. This helps him to make sure that he will enjoy the book before spending about $20 on it. James also mentioned that he gets idea for books from friends and coworkers when he wants something new to read.
Conclusions:
After completing this round of interviews I found a few things that were said throughout each interview that were common. All of the interviewees said that they had liked the idea of the pre selected list of books that they would receive each month to choose from based on their preferences. This made it easier to make a selection on the books that they wanted for the month. One of the interviewees had a suggestion that there should be a way to leave a review on the book after they had finished it for the month. This way other people could read their reviews and make a decision based upon that. The information that each of the interviewees would search were relatively the same but each one had its own distinctions based on preference of the genre of book. All of the people I have interviewed have the same unmet need, wanting to read more without having to spend $20 each time and easily finding books that are based on their preferences.
Will, I love how detailed you were within your interviews. I also like how you chose different ages of people to interview. Great work!
ReplyDelete