2. Who: People of all ages who want to start reading more books
What: Many people would choose to scroll through social media instead of pick up a book and read.
Why: With hectic schedules and not having access to books people tend to not read
3. Hypothesis Testing
Who: Many people have this need not just any one group. Younger children who are starting to read books, adults who want a good novel to curl up with at night, and even elderly individuals who want to take their mind on a journey, all of these groups would benefit from a monthly book service.
What: Having access to a monthly book subscription service would expand the minds of all ages into the literary world.
Why: The vast majority of our country does not read as much as we should and a service that offers a monthly book would help to increase the number of people reading in our country.
4. Interviews
I interviewed 5 people and was able to come up with a plan that would bring books to people of all ages for an affordable monthly cost. A few people that were interviews suggested that the service offer customers the chance to select more than one book per month in case they might read fast. One man suggested that there should be a way to select the books online from a list of books that have been selected based on the readers interests. These were great suggestions and I will use it in my future business plan. An overall consensus I received from my interviews was that they all felt like they were not reading as often as they'd like and a service such as this one would benefit them greatly. An interviewee suggested that I offer a yearly subscription for a discounted rate which is a great idea. I felt as if the feedback I received from the interviews will be very useful moving forward. This opportunity exists for people of all ages and I feel like there is a huge untapped market for this type of business. This opportunity will allow me to spread the literary works of great authors to people of all ages.
Will,
ReplyDeleteI think that this business idea would actually encourage people do read more often. It would be easy and exciting. I agree with the people who you interviewed that this could benefit people greatly.