Friday, September 7, 2018

Your Entrepreneurship Story

3A- Your Entrepreneurship Story

   In high school I volunteered with a group that was trying to raise money though various fundraising opportunities. We ended up customizing and selling t-shirts at school to raise money for a club. We brought in a lot of money for the club and it was a great learning experience into the world of entrepreneurship. Even though I was only in high school I found the entire process exciting that I was able to create a product and take it from beginning to end. I enrolled in ENT3003 to get a better insight into the world of entrepreneurship and expand my knowledge on ways to enhance my skills on observing products and improving them. I'm excited to learn about new techniques that will allow me to advance my career. I believe this class will be a great step in advancing my way of thinking about products and inventions in our everyday life.

3 comments:

  1. Will, I did something really similar for a group I was in throughout high school. My group was FFA where we raised money for our program by selling tshirts and tumbler cups with our high school mascot. I agree that it was pretty cool to take charge and create an item from scratch in order to raise money for a good organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will, what a great opportunity for you to be exposed to in highschool. I bet that by creating the product and being able to sell it not only for a profit reason, but to fundraise for the club was very rewarding in the end. I also agree that taking this class will allow you to understand these concepts in a much deeper way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will, that's a cool out of the box way of raising money! It is nice that you got to experience that at a formative time like high school. Using ENT to learn transferrable skills that could be used in any industry is a smart way to use the class even if you do not plan on becoming a stereotypical entrepreneur.

    ReplyDelete